The Task tool can be used to remind yourself and your staff about upcoming projects, administrative tasks, and recurring events at your foundation. While creating tasks, convert them into iCalendar (.ics file) invites and send them directly to your staff from CommunitySuite. Once received, your staff can download the .ics file and it will automatically create an event on their calendar with the details of the task.
Create a Task
- Select Add Task from the Home page.
- Check the box(es) to assign the task to one or multiple users.
- Check the box next to Send Calendar Invite to send .ics (iCalendar) invites to the users that the task is assigned to.
- If you've created task types, select a task type from the drop-down. Enter a description, due date/reminder, and recurring interval, then click Create.
- Select Tasks from the Home page.
- The main tasks page will default to All My Tasks, which lists all incomplete tasks that are assigned to you. Click Assigned Tasks to view all tasks assigned by.
- If you need to edit a task, click Edit.
- Once a task has been completed, click Done to move it into the completed tasks list.