To make a payment via a NACHA file generated by CommunitySuite, ACH credentials must be entered for both the profile receiving the payment and for the bank account making the payment. After these credentials have been entered, the Electronic option must be selected for the payment option. Once the check has been posted, return to the check screen and select the Download NACHA File option. Once that option is selected, a text file generates that can be uploaded to a bank's website to initiate an ACH transfer.
Setting Up an Account for NACHA Use
An account needs two items to be NACHA ready: a vendor assigned to the account and ACH credentials.
- Go to Accounts and select the Bank Account that is making the payment.
- Click Edit.
- Search for a vendor and click on their name in the dropdown, then click Save.
- Click Configure next to ACH Account Settings.
- Select the Account Type, and enter the corresponding information into each of these fields and then click Save.
This account is now set up for NACHA File use with a Vendor and ACH Account settings.
Setting Up a Vendor for NACHA Use
A vendor only needs ACH credentials to be set up for NACHA use.
- Go to Vendors and search for the vendor that is being paid. Click on their name from the dropdown list.
- Click on their profile name to go to the vendor's profile.
- Click Configure next to ACH Settings.
- Fill out the account information for the vendor and click Save.
This vendor is now set up for NACHA File use with ACH settings.
Download a NACHA File
Once the account and vendor receiving the payment are set up, the NACHA File is almost ready for download. The last item remaining is a payment being paid out to the vendor. The payment must be in an electronic format. Below, we will walk through the process on an example voucher being made out to the vendor.
- When creating the voucher, make sure that it is being made out to the correct vendor and expense account.
- Click Post.
- Click Pay.
- Select the NACHA Payment Account and select a Payment Date in the future.
- Select the item you are paying out, and click Next.
- Select Elec as the payment option.
- Once Elec has been selected, click Create Checks.
- Click on the Check ID to go to the payment, and post it.
- Once the payment is posted, click List to return to the Checks page. From there, click Download NACHA File.
10. Enter a Payment Date and click Export.
A text file should have exported that can be used to upload to a bank's website and start an ACH transfer.