- Select the Posted Check Bucket and click the CheckID of the check you want to void.
- Click Void.
- Click Yes.
- The voided check will now appear in the Voided Check Bucket.
- Click the CheckID of the voided check.
- The voided check should show two transactions (journal entries).
- Click Edit to edit the Void Reason.
Before voiding a historical check, we recommend that you should reach out to your CSM and discuss with them about the best way to record this action. To void a historical check, go to Vouchers and create a new voucher.
Select the vendor associated with the historical check. Once you are creating items within the voucher, do not select an expense account, and instead select the bank account that the original check was written from.
This will create a payable that the new check can be attached to and does not affect net income. It will also allow you to offset the old check on the bank reconciliation.