A reimbursement is cash received as a repayment. To process a reimbursement in CommunitySuite, you will need to create a voucher and choose the vendor you want to reimburse.
The workflow for issuing a reimbursement is as follows:
- Navigate to the Vouchers page.
- Click Create on the left side menu.
- Choose the vendor to reimburse by name or Click [show list] to see the options.
- Enter the Voucher Date, the Fund the voucher will be paid from, Reference Number, and Due Date.
- Attachments can be added to hold a copy of the invoice or related documentation.
- Reduce Spendable: If checked, the voucher will be paid from the associated fund's spendable balance as long as default restrictions are set.
- Enter the Expense Account, Description, Quantity, and Unit Cost.
- Click Save
- Click Post on the left side menu.
- Click Pay.
- Choose the Payment Account and Payment Date.
- Click the checkbox to the right of the open voucher.
- Click Next.
- Choose either Check Run or Elec depending on if you want printed checks or an electronic transfer.
- Review the check(s) then click Create Checks.
- The last step is to approve the check payment(s).
The workflow to approve check payments is in this article: