If a Fund is marked as Private that means that it will not be visible in the system to give to. In most cases you still have a Donor or Donors who donate to the Fund. In order for them make contributions to the Fund they will need to be Linked at the Fund level.
- To create a donation from a linked Donor to a Private Fund, go to Donors
- Select the Donor ID number of the Linked Donor
- Choose Add Donation from the left side of the screen.
- Pick the Fund (it is visible when you create a donation from the linked donor)
- Enter the Donation as usual, then choose Process and Post.
Note: Donors who are NOT linked to the Fund cannot give to it because the system does not list the Fund as an option for other donors to choose.