Generate a tax receipt for a single donation.
- Select Donations from the Home page.
- Select the donation ID, or click Filter Reports to search for a donation.
- Click Tax Receipt.
- Select how you'd like to send the tax receipt.
- Email to the Profile email address(es) on file
- Email to a new email address
- Print Tax Receipt - opens as a PDF in your browser
- Download Tax Receipt formatted for Microsoft Word
- This option will only display if you're using a Donation Letter template.
CommunitySuite can populate donation letter text from the merge fields within a Donation Letter template (if you're using templates), or from the donation_tax_header and donation_tax_footer fields, found in System Data -> Content.
- To pull donation letter text from a template:
- Donation Templates (in System Data -> Site Data) must be turned on.
- To pull donation letter text from the donation_tax_header and donation_tax_footerfields within System Data -> Content:
- Donation Templates (in System Data -> Site Data) must be turned off.
If you plan to mail a paper copy of the tax receipt, select Print Envelope, and CommunitySuite will populate an envelope with the name and address from the donor profile.