You can utilize Journal Entry (JE) to record adjusting entries. For example, at the end of each month, there may be a journal entry to record equipment depreciation. This JE will include a debit to Depreciation Expense (E) and a credit to Accumulated Depreciation (A).
To Record a Journal Entry:
- Navigate to General Ledger.
- Select Journal Entry from the left-side menu.
- In the Create Journal Entries window, enter the:
- Transaction Date
- In the Fund Entry window, enter the:
- A second line will appear where you enter the Account, Description and Credit .
- You can continue adding Accounts and Debits or Credit as needed, but Credit and Debit totals must match before you can continue.
- If you need to Record a Journal Entry for another Fund, click the +Fund button and complete the fields.
- Once all information is entered, click Save.
- Review your transaction and click Post from the left-side menu.
Note: CommunitySuite does not have a Recurring Journal Entry function. Instead, you are encouraged to track all financial transactions, such as expenses and money coming in, through Vouchers, Invoices, Payments, Grants and Donations.