During your implementation process, you will be working with your Client Success Manager to import your financial data. Generally, when you "go live" you will no longer need to worry about importing data into your system. However, there are times when you will want or need to import Journal Entries.
Import Journal Entries
In General Ledger, click Import from the left side menu
Download the Template
- Each line of financial data must contain a date, credit_account, debit_account, an amount and description & you must provide either Fund Unit ID number, a Short Name or a Fund Name
- Save the file with your data to your computer
- Select the Choose File button in the Upload Transactions area
Pick the Process button to import your Journal entries
- If data is missing you will get the following types of warnings - Missing date column, Missing debit_account column, Missing credit_account column, You need to include funit_id, short_name, or fund_name column
- You will not be able to proceed until the file you import has the correct data in the correct columns
- Verify the import
- Select Post All to post
Remember that imported historical financial transactions may not have all the detail that is generated when you create new transactions using the system. Usually, imported transactions will have basic account totals, contacts and grant amounts.