Cancel is usually for a grant that has been paid or a grant from a prior year or accounting period that has been canceled. If it is a new grant, and the books are not closed, you should Unpost and Delete it instead.
To Cancel a grant, start by voiding the issued check.
- Select Checks from the Home page.
- Select the the check ID associated with the grant that you're cancelling.
- Click Void in the left side menu.
- Note: This will move the check into the Voucher grant bucket on the Grants page.
Once the check has been voided:
- Navigate to Grants from the Home page.
- Select the Grant ID Number.
- Click Cancel from the left-side menu.
- The system will show you the details of the grant including any Unpaid Amount (if applicable).
- Enter the Date the Grant was cancelled.
- Click Cancel (this cannot be undone).
Once you do this and confirm, then the system sets the grant status as Canceled. A Canceled Grant will not show up in any reports, but it will show up on the Grantee page for reference. The status will be paid but the amount will be a negative and the description will state Cancel.