Note: To run a charity check on a grantee:
- Enable Guidestar (for American clients) or Enable Ajah (for Canadian clients) must be enabled in system data.
- The Grantee must have an EIN entered in their profile.
- No Charity Status Check must be unchecked in the grantee record.
- Select Grantees from the Home page.
- Search for a Grantee or click List and select from the list.
- If you use the List option, click Grantee in the profile record.
- Click guidestar charity check.
- The charity check will pull the grantee's information from Guidestar.
- Click show charity log to view a record of all completed charity checks.
- If the Charity Verified status is Yes, you'll be able to process grants for the grantee.
- You can also run a charity check while processing a grant by clicking Guidestar Charity Check.
If your Guidestar Charity Check fails:
- Double check that the organization's EIN is entered correctly.
- The organization may be a chapter of a bigger organization/government body/school.
- In the end, it may be best to reach out to the organization and have them send you the proof of their non-profit status.