To run a charity check on a grantee:
- Enable Guidestar (for American clients) or Enable Ajah (for Canadian clients) must be enabled in system data.
- The Grantee must have an EIN entered in their profile.
- No Charity Status Check must be unchecked in the grantee record.
- There are multiple ways to run a charity check, see the three options below:
Option One - from the Grantee record.
- Click Grantees from the Home page.
- Search for a Grantee or click List and select from the list.
- Option One - from the Grantee record.
- If you use the List option, click Grantee in the profile record.
- Click guidestar charity check.
- The charity check will pull the grantee's information from Guidestar.
- Click show charity log to view a record of all completed charity checks.
- If the Charity Verified status is Yes, you'll be able to process grants for the grantee.
Option Two - while processing a grant.
- You can also run a charity check while processing a grant by clicking guidestar charity check.
- If needed, utilize one of the following articles for additional steps on how to process a grant.
Option Three - bulk run a charity check.
- Click Grants from the Home page.
- From the New Grant Bucket, click Charity Check All in the left menu.
- Check the box(es) next to the grants you want to run a charity check for, then click Run Charity Check.
- Click Yes on the confirmation page to finalize running the charity check.
- You will be redirected to the Grants page where you will see a notice of how many charity checks passed and which grantee/grant ID’s did not pass.
- You can also utilize the Charity column to verify if the charity check has been run and passed.
If your Guidestar Charity Check fails:
- Double check that the organization's EIN is entered correctly.
- The organization may be a chapter of a bigger organization/government body/school.
- In the end, it may be best to reach out to the organization and have them send you the proof of their non-profit status.