Refunding Historical Scholarships*

Written by Dana Kinsey

Last published at: May 8th, 2019

If you have scholarships that were not originally recorded in the CommunitySuite system - the standard "refund" functionality will not work. However, the Vendor (eg. Ohio State University) will have a Refund option which can record any refunds received from the school.  

Remember to record the Historical Grant details or Scholarship numbers in the description. 

There is no place to add student details in the refund. 

  • Go to Profiles
  • Search for the Vendor that is issuing the refund check, eg. Ohio State University 
  • Click the Profile is Vendor link at the bottom of the Profile
  • There will be a Create Refund link on the left side menu of the Vendor screen

  • Enter the refund date, payment method, amount, description, issuing Fund, and original expense Account need to be entered
  • Choose Create when done