You can update an existing template within the template record:
- You can add a new version of the template letter by selecting Update File in the left side menu.
- You may also view and restore past versions of the letter template by click Versions in the left side menu then clicking [Make Active] next to the applicable version.
- You can delete obsolete templates or leave other versions in the system for later use if needed.
- And you can test your template to verify it’s working.
To make sure that your template merge fields are working properly click Verify/Test in the left side menu. Then review the generated document to make sure data has pulled into all of the merge fields.
If the merge fields are not populating properly check your letter template:
Make sure that you included the double curly brackets when you copied and pasted the merge fields.
Next, make sure that the data exists in the system.
For example, if you are using profile merge fields, go to the associated profile and make sure the fields you are pulling data from actually contain data.
- If the template is still not populating correctly contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Back in the Template List you can set an uploaded template as the “Default” for that particular type of template by selecting [Make Default] in the default column to the right of the applicable template.
Note: if you’ve added a custom Donation letter you must make sure the Donation Templates checkbox is checked on the System Data page.